Maintaining patients on oral anticoagulants: how to do it
Learn how to maintain patients on oral anticoagulation, best practice for dose adjustment, different models of care, and the potential harms of oral anticoagulants.
Learning outcomesAfter completing this module you should know:
- The harms caused by oral anticoagulants and how to avoid them
- The pros and cons of different models of care for long term anticoagulation
- Best practice for dose adjustment and ongoing monitoring of warfarin and the direct oral anticoagulants
- The advantages of computerised dosing support systems
- The recommendations for patients undergoing cardioversion, dental treatment, endoscopy, or surgery.